By Steve Weaver
Dr. Michael Haykin was recently interviewed by Daryl Dash on his blog. Daryl asked Dr. Haykin some great questions. Dr. Haykin's responses reveal his understanding that wisdom can be gained through a study of church history. Dash's questions to Dr. Haykin are listed below.
- Sadly, most evangelicals don't seem to have a good grasp of church history. Why do you think this is so?
- What are some of the results of this lack of knowledge in the church
- What can pastors do to promote an awareness of church history?
- Is there a particular era of church history that especially needs to be rediscovered in today's church?
- I've really appreciated your books. Are you working on one right now?
You can find Dr. Haykin's answers to these pertinent questions at DashHouse.com.
Remember that you can submit your questions to Dr. Haykin at "Ask Me A Question" on this website (see link in left sidebar).
Steve Weaver serves as a research assistant to the director of the Andrew Fuller Center for Baptist Studies and a junior fellow of the Center. He also serves as senior pastor of Farmdale Baptist Church in Frankfort, KY. Steve and his wife Gretta have six children between the ages of 2 and 13.